What are the health benefits after you have completely quit? For one thing, you eliminate the
effects of smoking.
I felt different. I felt better and more energetic. It was time for me to start
About two days after quitting, I could feel my lungs expanding and opening up after taking in deeper breaths. I felt like I made less effort going up flights of stairs.
I felt stronger, like my body suddenly got these bursts of energy and ready to take on just about anything. My sex drive definitely increased. I enjoyed having it more as I felt less fatigued.
I also realized that I would catch way less colds as when I was smoking. Now I catch a cold or flu maybe once every 1 to 2 years as compared to catching about 3 to 4 colds or flu every year when I was smoking.
Here is an approximate time list of health benefits after quitting smoking obtained from Health Edco:
1) After 20 minutes: Your blood pressure, body temperature and heart rate return to normal.
2) After 8 hours: The blood oxygen level increase in your body. This means that your organs start to receive the required amount of oxygen.
3) After 1 day: You decrease your chances of having a
4) After 2 days: You start to taste and smell again because your nerve endings start to regrow.
5) After 3 days: You begin to breathe better and your levels of energy start to increase. Your health is improving.
6) After 2-12 weeks: Your lungs work better and the blood circulation improves.
7) After 1-9 months: Coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue and shortness of breath all decrease.
8) After 1 year: The risk of getting heart disease is half that of a current smoker.
9) After 5 years: The risk of getting
mouth and throat cancer
is cut in half. The risk of getting a stroke is the same as that of a person who has never smoked.
10) After 10 years: The risk of getting
is half that of a smoker. Your chances of developing other
11) After 15 years: Your risk of dying is the same as that of a person who has never smoked.
Healthy Living is a lifestyle decision that you make to live healthy now. Holistic lifestyle secrets aren't engraved in stone, they are flexible, fluid, fun and as individual as you are. There are many easy healthy living changes that you can start today, and add to as you feel comfortable and get into the swing of living a natural life.
There is more to the list of
benefits of quitting smoking.
And one of the interesting aspects to the benefits would be to compare the
to the non-smokers lung. For great information on healthy living
Return from Health Benefits to Home page